from Byron Health Center Director of Dining Services Chef Brad Hoffman
Here’s a twist on traditional chili from Chef Brad. His Creamy White Chili will be a hit for those looking for something just a little bit different, but with plenty of that chili flavor you’ve come to expect.
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 medium onion, chopped
1 jalapeno with seeds removed, diced fine
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 cans (15 1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (14 1/2 ounces) chicken broth
2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
Shredded cheddar cheese
Sliced seeded jalapeno pepper
- In a large saucepan, sauté the chicken, onion, jalapeno and garlic powder in oil until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Add the beans, broth, chilies and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in sour cream and cream.
- Serve topped with tortilla chips, cheese and jalapenos.